Monday, April 1, 2013

Warm sunny days!

This week was a busy week for me. I had a few trips and they were all pretty awesome. I fished the upper sections of the river the most. The rainbows are moving onto their beds and are showing great colors and size. The browns seemed to be settled in behind the bows and really keyed in on egg patterns or larger scuds pink or peach colored. Nymphing deep was the key for me using the egg and scud was best trailed by a gray midge or soft hackle. The lower half of the river was very good as well. There was a great BWO hatch in the afternoon wich led to some great dry fly action. I used a hopper trailed by a pheasant tail bead head. When the BWO hatch was in full force we used a hackle stacker pattern and picked up a few fish on the dry.  When the day was at its warmest we had a few fish eat the big dry fly patterns like the para hopper/cricket and my favorite the Chernobyl ant. I am looking forward to fishing with some of these great people again. They definitely made my week very enjoyable. Thank you to my new friends and to those of you who read my blog. Tight lines to all!!!





1 comment:

  1. wow what a beautiful trip they were enjoying. i must say do visit Fishing in Dubai

    ReplyDelete