Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bamboo Rod

Tuesday I had to take Sage and Holdan back to their mom. I hoped to make a fishing trip out of it but was not able to. After I dropped them off I went to Dutch John. I made a quick trip to the courthouse in Manila the following morning. Flaming Gorge is looking pretty low and Sheep Creek Bay was frozen over.The wildlife was everywhere on my drive over. A huge golden eagle was eating a road kill deer and fighting with the magpies. In Manila there was 3 mule deer bucks sitting on a front porch.When I got back to Dutch John I called a good friend and we went coyote hunting that afternoon. No luck with coyotes. 

I drove to Heber City to spend some time with Pete and his family the next morning. Pete and I went into Salt Lake City that night to look at a condo and also pick up my newest fly fishing toy. I got a 9ft. bamboo fly rod!!!!! 

 I put it together and put a 5 weight line on it to cast. I really can say I was casting like an amature. Pete was able to cast a little better ...well alot better. I love the rod any way. it looks very old and fragile and has a different smell to it. I can't decide whether to fish with it once before I put it up for decoration. I am leaning towards fishing it! 


On my drive back to Colorado Springs I passed lots of frozen rivers and a little bit of snow. Iam really hoping we have water to fish this summer and fall. Tomorrow I hope to do some casting with different weight lines to see what casts better with the bamboo. Then I will make the decision on actually fishing with it. My dad and I plan to fish the Pueblo tailwater on monday so I will hopefully have some pictures of  it in action as well as a fishing report. Thanks for readin. Tight lines to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment