Sunday, January 27, 2013

busy, crowded and, fun

The last two days have been very busy on the Arkansas Tailwater. My dad brought one of his soldiers with us on saturday. When we got to the river the parking lot was full so we prepared for a day of waiting for water to open up. When we got on the water my favorite run was open so I started fishing and as lucky as ever I hooked up on my second drift. I landed a nice 19 inch rainbow. When I released it I noticed my dads soldier had a fish on. We worked together since he didnt have a net and landed a nice rainbow about 16 inches long and very fat. After releasing the fish I saw my dad up river from us with a fish on. He had an audience of a few anglers passing by so I hurried up and netted his fish. It was a 20 inch rainbow. After those three fish it slowed down. The fish were very picky but we were able to land some more fish through the day. 

Sunday my dad and I got to the river around 12:30. The place was packed but as we rigged up 5 anglers walked back telling us how slow and crowded it was. When we got to the water my favorite run was open again so we fished it. I landed a beautiful 19 inch brown that was still in spawning colors. My dad moved up and fished the top of the run and hooked into a nice 17 inch brown. We took turns in the run and I was able to land a few nice rainbows but my dad didnt catch any thing. We walked up river to his favorite run and on the way up saw NO ANGLERS. It was great sohe went to his run and i stayed lower and fished a dry to some rising trout. Out of the three eats I lost two flies and didnt land any fish. We fished the run for a while and hooked and landed a few. On the way back to the car we fished my favorite run hoping for one more. On my last cast I hooked a 21 inch brown ona streamer. It was a great way to end the day. 


We fished mostly #20 & #22 midges. The fishing is tough but very fun at the same time. I hope anyone else fishing had a great time as well. Thanks for reading tight lines everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment